WELCOME to Mrs. Hesen's Math Intervention Class!
6th 7th & 8th Grade Math Intervention
Math Intervention is a full-year course designed to help students close the conceptual and procedural gaps in their math skills. This goal will be accomplished by focusing on the prerequisite skills needed to be successful with the standards in the curriculum.
Visit the course syllabus for information on the following: grading, supplies, expectations.
* Multiplying whole numbers * Add, subtract, multiply decimals
* Dividing whole numbers * Multiply fractions
* Factors & Multiples of Whole Numbers * Divide fractions
* Prime & Composite
* Multiply a fraction by a whole number
* Evaluate expressions
* Graph points on coordinate plane - 1st quadrant * Multiply & Divide by powers of 10
* Multiply & divide whole numbers * Percent of a number
* All operations with decimals
* Multiply fractions
* Divide fractions
* Solve problems involving ratios, rates, & unit rates
* Evaluate expressions with exponents * Divide fractions
* Solve one-step equations * Ratio concepts
* Positive & Negative Numbers: * Unit rates
* real world contexts * Independent & dependent variables
* absolute value
* Coordinate plane graphing