Welcome To The Attendance Office
Parent/Dr. Notes can be faxed or emailed.
If your child will be absent, late or is leaving early, please email WHS.Attendance@fcps.org with:
- Students name:
- Date of absence:
- Reason for absence.
- If your student is a student driver, please indicate "Student Driver" on the note. Student drivers will receive a pass to allow them to sign out on their own.
For early dismissals:
- Parent/Guardian will come to the office to sign student out **If not a student driver
- Please bring your ID & wear a mask
- Allow adequate time to locate student for an early dismissal
- If you allow someone else to sign your student out, please note the name you authorize in your note to the school. They will be required to show ID to pick up student.
Don’t forget, when going to the Doctor, Dentist or Orthodontics, remember to get an attendance slip. We will code accordingly. This is especially important if you have a student that has after school activities. A Dr. note is required if a student misses more than 1 block/90 minutes to attend afterschool activities/practices.
Any questions or concerns please email or call.
email@example.com or 240-236-7213.
One Call Now Attendance Notifications
"One Call Now" attendance messages will be used for our school. This is FCPS wide. The intent of the messages are to communicate with families if their child has been marked absent for 1 or more periods of the school day. This includes late arrivals to school.
This text is automated and it is possible that if a child enters school later in the day the text could occur in error. As always, please feel free to email our attendance office at WHS.Attendance@fcps.org if you feel you have received a text in error.
This text will be sent to the person who is noted as the guardians for your child. If you wish to opt out of this text or any "One Call Now" calls:
- If over phone, listen to the complete message. At the end it will give you directions to opt out.
- To opt-out from receiving text messages:
- Open a blank text message on your cell phone.
- In the recipient field, type 22300.
- In the message field, type Stop and then, click Send
- Call 1-877-698-3262, press 5, then 2. You will be prompted to enter the phone number or email address that you want to opt-out.
Please know opting out will stop further communications from our school when we are using One Call Now.
MVA DL-300 Learner’s Permit Verification of School Attendance Form
If under 16, you must provide a completed verification of identity and/or school attendance, form (#DL-300) to an MVA official during the learner's permit application process. The attendance form must be presented to the MVA in a sealed, unopened envelope provided by the applicant's school or county home school coordinator, if home schooled. Please make sure to drop request a School Verification Form from the Attendance Secretary and allow 24 hours for the form to be ready.