Frederick County Public Schools' mission is to:
- REACH our students with exceptional teaching and caring support,
- CHALLENGE them to achieve their potential, and
- PREPARE them for success in a global society.
Whittier Elementary School’s mission is to:
· BELIEVE that students can ACHIEVE academic, social, and emotional success as they SUCCEED in learning and becoming role models.
The vision of Frederick County Public Schools
· Education is the foundation of our community. Frederick County Public Schools educates its students to become caring, respectful and responsible citizens and family members. Students look forward to school each day. They take full advantage of the rigorous academic curricula and strive to develop their talents. They utilize the power of technology to explore a world of new ideas and information. They acquire the knowledge and skills to achieve and the confidence to succeed, and are rewarded with a wide choice of offers from higher education and employers. FCPS graduates are exceptional 21st century citizens.
· Outstanding applicants compete to join our system. Employees enjoy the respect of students and the community, opportunities for professional growth, and recognition for their contributions to our system. They value each student and create a learning climate where students can reach for their dreams.
· Parents, public officials, businesses and citizens actively support our commitment to challenge all students to achieve their potential. The Board of Education and school system staff embrace the community's contributions and are responsible stewards of its resources.
· Parents choose to send their children to our schools. Businesses and families move to Frederick County because of our schools.
To achieve our mission and vision, collaboration between home and school is imperative. We invite you to be an active part of our learning community. Communication with the instructional staff here at Whittier will be vital to your child’s success. We will send home weekly Thursday folders, monthly administrative newsletters, and monthly team newsletters. You can access information on our website, through your FCPS Calendar Handbook, and our own WHES student handbook.
You can also follow us on Twitter, @WhittierES. We also invite you to volunteer in our classrooms, through committees, and through our PTA. You can find out what is happening with the PTA on their Facebook page, Whittier Elementary School PTA. Again, welcome to our school!