Welcome to 2nd grade!
I grew up in Frederick County and went to FCPS, graduating from Catoctin High School. I completed my undergrad at High Point University with a degree in Home Furnishings Marketing and a minor in Business. Seven years later, I went back to school to become what I was meant to be - a teacher. I received my master’s in elementary education from the University of Phoenix in 2013. I have previously taught 5th and 4th grade. I have two children - Nola (3rd grade) and Harvey (3 years old) and reside with my family in Emmitsburg.
I'm excited to start our virtual learning experience together!
Here are a few helpful tips:
- Print out your child's schedule and have it displayed.
- Print out your child's username and password in case they get logged out.
- Have a bookbag or desk of supplies they can have ready at their working space.
- Google Meets are live, teacher-led sessions. Please try to have your child attend all of these as much as possible!
- Work posted in Schoology is independent work without the teacher.
- Office hours for me are from 1:30-4:00, except on Mondays when I won't be available from 3:15-4:00. If you or students have questions or need help with assignments, I will be availabe through live Google Meets, email, or Schoology messages to assist.
Some helpful resources and troubleshooting (Click on the links below):