____1. INSTRUMENT (with your name on the instrument case—very important!)
____2. MUSIC BOOK: Check that the book is correct before putting your name on it!
· VIOLIN, VIOLA or CELLO: Spotlight on Strings
· ALL OTHER INSTRUMENTS: Traditions of Excellence
_____3. FOLDING MUSIC STAND---Make sure your name is on each piece of your
. stand before you bring it to school (or another student could take it by mistake!)
_____4. HIGHLIGHTER (Any color)
_____5. ACCESSORIES:It is not necessary to buy a cleaning kit, but do get the following:
- Violin/Viola: a. rosin; b. a fine tuner for each string; c. cloth to clean; d. shoulder rest or pad.
- Cello: a. rosin; b. one fine tuner for each string; c. cloth; d. rock stop or rubber-tip endpin.
- Flute: a. handkerchief or cotton cloth for cleaning (about 4” to 6” square); b. cleaning rod.
- Clarinet / Saxophone:
a. at least six reeds to start (#2 strength); b. cork grease; c. cleaning swab.
- Trumpet: a. 7C mouthpiece; b. valve oil; c. optional: lip balm for cold weather
- Trombone / Baritone: a. 12C mouthpiece; b. slide cream or oil; c. optional: lip balm
- Percussion: a. sticks--Vic Firth SD1 or size 5B sticks are preferred; b. rubber practice pad;
c. If your drum case does not have wheels we suggest getting a luggage carrier for it.