Enrolling at UMS


How to enroll your child at Urbana Middle School.

Here you will find all the paperwork you need to enroll your child at Urbana Middle School. All new students to UMS need the following forms completed before we are able to enroll your child:

Helpful information can be found in the following location:

  • Most of these forms can be found at: Forms

Click on the name of the form to open a copy.

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the files. Need Adobe? Download the latest version here

Other required documentation for enrollment:

  • Proof of Birth (birth certificate, passport, hospital certificate)
  • Immunization records
  • Proof of Residency (Current Gas, Water, Electricity, or Tax Bill; current lease agreement signed by landlord and tenant). A contract of sale may be accepted for initial enrollment, however you must provide one of the above documents within 30 days.  Phone bills are not accepted as proof of residence.
  • Custody Papers (if applicable)
  • IEP/504 Plan Paperwork (if applicable)

It would also be helpful if you can provide us with a copy of your child’s last report card and the scores from the most recent standardized test (the MSA for Maryland schools). These documents will help us in deciding which classes will best meet your child’s educational needs