Sign up for Remind updates -- Download instructions HERE
In a comprehensive developmental counseling program, with the direction of the school counselor, students will develop the following competencies:
- demonstrate the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
- complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantialpostsecondary options, including college.
- demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of academics to the world of work, and to life at home and in the community.
- demonstrate skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between personal qualities, education, training, and the world of work.
- demonstrate the knowledge, attitudes, and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- make decisions, set goals, and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- demonstrate an understanding of safety and survival skills.
- demonstrate an understanding of bullying, including prevention skills and appropriate intervention.
These counseling services are delivered through:
- Classroom Lessons
- Small Group Counseling
- Solution Focused Brief Individual Counseling
The counseling department encourages and appreciates parental involvement and input, and will coordinate parent conferences with classroom teachers. A counselor will frequently request appointments with students to discuss academic or social concerns. Students wishing to talk with a counselor should stop by the counseling office before school or during lunch to request an appointment. All information you or your child tells the counselor remains confidential with the counselor unless there is potential harm to your child or others. We look forward to working with you this year. If you have any questions or concerns about your child, please do not hesitate to call us.