Discovery Streaming - Downloading, Embedding, and Inserting Videos - http://streaming.discoveryeducation.com/
Discovery Streaming offers engaging curriculum and standards-related videos, images, sounds, music, articles, speeches, and lessons that can be used alone or as resources for larger multimedia projects.
• Additional Discovery Streaming Tutorials (TRT Discovery Streaming Page)
TeacherTube Use in Your Classroom - http://www.teachertube.com/
This site includes a collection of thousands of videos from educators, YouTube, and the rest of the Web. There are educational videos that cover most school subjects, categorized by subject and education level.
Currently TeacherTube loads faster using the Firefox and Chrome browsers.
• Embedding Videos from TeacherTube (TRT directions on how to embed TeacherTube into ActivInspire, PowerPoint, and your website.)
Vimeo - Password Protect Videos for Your Teacher Website - https://vimeo.com/
This is a great way to share those class videos on your teacher website. Send parents the password. Only those with the password can view the video.
• Password Protecting Vimeo Videos (TRT Blog Entry - directions)
YouTube Use in Your Classroom - http://www.youtube.com/
Please log-in with your network username and password to access YouTube. You will remain logged in for 90 minutes, at which time you will be logged out and will need to log in again for continued access.
It is very important that you follow the guidelines attached below. Be sure to preview all videos before showing them to students.
- FCPS YouTube Guidelines (PDF)
- Embedding a YouTube video into ActivInspire and PowerPoint (PDF)
- Saving YouTube Video to Favorites/Playlists (TRT Blog Entry - directions)
- Video tutorials on creating playlist (YouTube)
• How to Use Online Video in Your Classroom (Web Article from Edutopia)
• Importing FLIP video into MovieMaker (TRT Tutorial Page/Printable directions at the bottom of the page, "Winff Tutorial")