|Creating Student Accounts in Discovery Education.pdf||136.14 KB|
|Creating Animoto Videos.pdf||162.06 KB|
|Sample Rubric.doc||41.5 KB|
October 19, 2009
Secondary Media Specialists, CPD and Teacher Specialists, and Enrichment Specialists
Participants will learn how to use multimedia from Discovery Streaming and other sources to develop project-based learning experiences for students using PhotoStory or Pixie, MovieMaker or Animoto, and Glogster.
Please login to your computer using the Username and Password provided on your monitor.
8:00-8:15 Arrival, Welcome, Login, and Agenda
8:15-8:30 Organizers for Project-Based Learning with Multimedia
8:30-9:30 Discovery Streaming: Searching and Downloading different types of Content, My Content/School Content/District Content, Student Accounts
9:45-10:15 Directions for Differentiation Sessions
10:15-11:15 PhotoStory OR Pixie
- Higher Order Thinking Skills Question Template - (PDF online document) Great for taking multimedia projects to the next level.
- Higher Level Research Activities - (Website) - A Guide for Designing Higher Level Research Activities
- Storyboard/Side - (PDF) Helpful to organize the order of a multimedia project.
- Storyboard/Top - (PDF) Great to organize your multimedia project.
Scoring Guides/Rubrics -
- Digital Storytelling Sample Rubric - (Word Document) - from http://digitalstorytelling.coe.uh.edu/rubrics.html
- Assessing Digital Stories - (Website)
- Digital Media Scoring Guides /DigiTales - (Website) - Create your own rubric. (Narrative, Informative/Expository, Persuasive, and Participatory)
- RubiStar - (Website) - Create your own rubric.
- Social Studies Rubric - (PDF) - Very helpful when working on a Social Studies multimedia project.
- Social Studies Grid - (PDF) - The Social Studies rubric in the form of a grid. (Thinking skills, historical evidence, defense of position, and mechanics.)
Discovery Streaming -
- More instructional resources can be found when logged in to Discovery Streaming. Click on the Professional Development tab and navigate to the Trainers Toolkit.
- H1N1 PSA
- Sports Report
- American Revolution
- Cornwallis Surrenders at Yorktown
- Watershed Research by Middle School Students
- Other examples: Animoto in the Classroom
Thank you for coming today!
Please take a moment to complete a short evaluation form created using Google Docs.