Mathematics helps children describe the world in terms of size and shape and allows them to appreciate the beauty of its patterns. As children learn mathematics they develop skills and concepts they will use in science, technology, business, and a wide range of career areas.
Counting and Cardinality (Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten only)
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Measurement and Data
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reaoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.