We are happy to announce Science National Honor Society @ THS is now accepting new member applications.
Students are eligible to apply if:
Must be currently junior or senior
Juniors - Completed at least one Honor/AP level science course prior to junior year
Seniors - Completed at least two Honor/AP level science courses prior to senior year
Overall weighted GPA must be a 3.0 or greater
- Science weighted GPA must be a 3.5 or greater
Student must meet the following requirements to remain in good standing:
1. Payment of yearly membership dues of $10.00
2. Sign up for text/email message alerts via Remind 101
3. Perform at least seven hours of science related community service
Four hours of science tutoring (signed by teacher)
Three hours of science community volunteering at sponsered events
4. Attend 50% of county science lectures/guest speakers per year
5. Attendance at 80% of club meetings (B club days)
6. Maintaining a 3.5 science weighted GPA and 3.0 overall weighted GPA.
7. Participate in fundraisers if needed
8. Represent THS with honor and dignity by maintaining a referral free record.
Please use the links below to print the application and the teacher recommendation pages. Read the application thoroughly and give yourself enough time to request a transcript from guidance and two teacher recommendation BEFORE applications are due. Late or incomplete application will NOT be reviewed.
Teacher Recommendation (required - 1 science teacher, + 1 other discipline)
Please see Ms.Murphy (A132) or Ms. Farmer (B119) if you have questions regarding the application process.