June Look ahead:
- Perform training and demonstration of new addition systems to FCPS staff.
- FCPS to start moving furniture into the new addition.
- Continue to prep and mobilize for summer work in the existing building and site work to start end of June.
- Continue the addition close out documentation process.
May look ahead activities:
- Receive final inspections.
- Perform punch list work.
- Work on close out documentation.
- Perform systems training and demonstrations.
- Start planning for summer work for portable removal, sitework, parking lot paving, and existing building fire alarm upgrades.
April look ahead activities:
- Program fire alarm system for addition.
- Fill sprinkler system once fire alarm programmed and activated.
- Complete ceiling tile installs.
- Complete door hardware and installation inspections
- Perform HVAC functional testing/programming/balancing work.
- Install drinking fountain/bottle fillers and perform domestic water system flushing.
- Perform flooring and paint work at tie in corridor to existing building.
- Install restroom partitions and accessories.
- Install hand sanitizers and fire extinguisher cabinets.
- Install ramp handrails.
- Install window shades.
- Install metal shelving and lockers.
- Start final cleaning.
- Start final inspections process
March look ahead key milestones:
- Startup mechanical equipment.
- Complete roof and soffit metal trim work and obtain roof warranty inspection.
- Obtain remaining above ceiling inspections. And start to install ceiling tile.
- Start restroom plumbing fixtures installs.
- Install marker boards and tack boards.
- Receive wood doors and hardware.
- Continue flooring installs.
- Start sidewalk installs.
- Perform tie in work to existing bldg. over spring break
February look ahead key milestones:
- Complete brick veneer.
- Windows and storefront doors install underway.
- Complete drywall and finishing operations.
- Continue painting operations.
- Set roof top unit equipment and make connections.
- Start roof metal trim work once brick complete.
- Complete ceiling grid installs.
- Obtain partial ceiling inspections and close up drywall ceilings.
- Continue above ceiling and in grid Mechanical, Electrical, Sprinkler, and Plumbing work. Start inspections.
- Ceramic tile, whiteboard/tack board, and casework installs to start.
2.Spray foam Installations
4. Electrical configuration
5. Brick veneer work
NOVEMBER 2020 LOOK AHEAD
- Roofing material delivery Monday November 2nd. Roofing to start Tuesday the 11/3.
- Complete interior wall framing.
- Start In wall plumbing and electrical rough ins.
- Continue duct work, water piping, refrigeration, and electric work above ceiling.
- Complete brick tie and flashing installs at exterior walls.
- Start exterior wall air barrier and spray foam install.
- Layout work and projected to start brick install by end of the month.
OCTOBER 2020 LOOK AHEAD
- Complete exterior framing and Sheathing.
- Complete storm and vent piping to the roof.
- Install roof blocking and roof curbs.
- Start roofing installation by the end of the month.
- Start duct work and water piping above ceiling.
- Install brick ties and flashing on exterior walls.
- Start air barrier and spray foam installation at exterior walls by the end of the month.
October 2, 2020: What a difference a few months can make!
- Remaining floor slab poured.
- Mobilized and installed all Structural Steel/Joist and roof decking. Including Inspections.
- Completed install of gas line extension for the new addition.
- Replaced the schools main breaker for added power needed for the addition.
- Performed interior and exterior wall layout.
- Started exterior wall framing.
- Started above ceiling storm and vent piping to the roof.
- Poured steel column bases, locker bases, and equipment housekeeping pads.
Interior concrete infill
SEPTEMBER 2020 LOOK AHEAD
- Main level slab pour on 9/4/20.
- Mobilize crane and steel. Start steel erection week of 9/7/20.
- Complete Install of new gas service for the addition.
- Start exterior wall framing/sheathing before the end of the month.
September 4, 2020: Main level slab pour.
AUGUST 2020 PROGRESS
- Site storm piping structures and tie ins completed.
- Electrical feeds and Sprinkler Main installed in the existing bldg. to the addition complete.
- Plumbing and Electrical below slab installs completed.
- Prep and poured lower floor slab.
- Prep complete at main level floor slab for pour scheduled for the week of 9/1/20
Setting forms and preparing for concrete in the lower section of the addition.
Plumbers have roughed in plumbing for the new science rooms.
Concrete is pumped into the lower section of the addition.
Masons finished the separation firewall between the addition and the existing building.
Aerial photo showing the progress made so far. The foundation work will continue over the next few weeks.
Aerial photo showing the location for the new addition prior to construction beginning this summer.