Next Year New Student Information
Welcome to Ijamsville, Maryland – Home of the Oakdale Bears!
ATTENTION: 2019-2020 NEW STUDENTS ONLY
In order to be pre-enrolled for next year, we must acquire and review all of the following documents. Please submit a copy of the following at your earliest convenience. Once we confirm we have all of the required documents, we will forward you a copy of our 2019-2020 Course Registration Form. After completing the form, please return it to our Counseling Office. We will contact you at the end of the school year to schedule an official enrollment appointment in July or August of 2019.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO THE OHS COUNSELING OFFICE:
o FCPS Enrollment Form:
o Proof of date of birth (supply one) Passport/Visa, Birth certificate (preferably Passport)
o Proof of Residency (supply one, which includes parent/guardian’s name and address)
**The child must reside with the parent/legal guardian at the address provided**
- Current Utility Bill for Water, Gas, or Electric bill, Current property tax bill, current rental/lease agreement.
- If family is purchasing a home in the OHS area, please provide the sales contract. The family will be required to follow-up and submit their 1st utility bill (gas, water, or electric) to the OHS Registrar. In addition, if the family is living outside of the area in temporary housing, the family must apply for temporary out of district status and be approved by the PPW Office.
- When a child doesn't live in a home owned or leased by the parent/guardian, the owner/leaser must provide the following to verify the parent/guardian and child reside at that address: signed and notarized FCPS Parent Residency Affidavit Multi-Family Disclosure form and copy of the owner’s proof of residency (tax bill, utility bill)
o Immunization and health records
Provide: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene form 896 Immunization Certificate and documentation of a
recent physical exam, recorded on the Maryland Schools Record of Physical Examination).
- All students are required to have a physical on file in the health room. The health room will accept a physical dated 9 months prior to enrollment or submit one within the first 6 months after enrollment.
- When enrolling, if the student is missing a shot, the parent must provide the school with a note from the doctor’s office stating the date and time of the appointment in order to start school. Otherwise the student cannot attend school until he/she acquires missing shot.
oIEP/504 (if applicable) – If your child requires special services/accommodations, please submit a copy of IEP or 504 Plan.
oCustody Papers/Legal Documents (if applicable) –
The child’s school records need to include a copy of the legal custody document in full. Selected individual parts of a legal document cannot be accepted. The adult enrolling the child must be his/her legal guardian. If the adult is applying to become the child’s legal guardian, the adult must provide proof that the application has been filed at the county court house. (The school needs to be provided with: copy of application and court clerk’s receipt)
oReport Card – A copy of the last issued report card. If student received HS credit in 7th or 8th grade, please submit proof of credit.
oTranscript – Please submit a current unofficial high school transcript. (Incoming 9th graders may provide a copy of the 8th grade report cards or middle school transcript)
oTest Scores - A copy of any state/local test scores.(Not Required for enrollment appointment, but will need to acquire from previous school.)
oRequest for Records Form – School name, student name/grade, and parent signature only