DRESS, APPEARANCE, COMPORTMENT AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
1. Students have the responsibility to dress and groom themselves in a manner that is safe, healthy, and non-disruptive to the classroom and school. Students have the responsibility not to wear or display buttons, armbands, flags, decals, and other badges of symbolic expression that disrupt the orderliness of the school or are legally libelous or obscene. Students may not wear clothing that advertises drugs, gangs, and/or obscene or abusive language.
2. Excessive public display of affection is unacceptable behavior.
3. Chewing of gum in class is discouraged and may be prohibited by any teacher.
4. Playing or use of radios/cassette/CD players, or walkmans during school hours is prohibited. Students carrying/playing these devices can expect to have them confiscated and taken to the school office. They may be retrieved only by a parent/guardian of the student.
5. Riding/use of skateboards on school property is prohibited. Skateboards will be confiscated and taken to the school office and may be retrieved only by a parent/guardian of the student.
6. Laser pointers are not permitted in school. They will be confiscated, taken to the school office, and may be retrieved only by a parent/guardian of the student.
7. Consumption of food/candy in the classroom will be up to the discretion of the teacher.
8. The school is NOT responsible for lost or stolen personal property items.
9. No hats, headbands, or bandanas may be worn in the school building during school hours.
10. Shoes must be worn at all times; bare feet are not permitted.
11. Tank tops are acceptable if they are not cut below the armpit and do not expose the shoulder blades. No “half-shirts” are permitted or any other shirt that exposes the midriff. Spaghetti strap tops, halter-tops, and backless clothing are not permitted. Boxer shorts should not be exposed; pants/shorts should not rest on the lower part of the hips.
12. Shorts and skirts should be mid-thigh in length.