New Additions to Counseling Staff

Starting August 22, 2019 - Ending October 31, 2019

Welcome Aboard

The Oakdale High School Counseling Office is excited to welcome two new members to our team – Mrs. Judy McGraw and Mrs. Carleigh Rich.
The new breakdown of our alphabet is as follows:
Mr. DeWaal – Last names beginning A-DAM
Ms. Ketteringham – Last names beginning DAN-HOT
Mrs. McGraw – Last names beginning HOU-MILE
Mrs. Carleigh Rich – Last names beginning MILL-SIMP
Mrs. Christy Polce – Last names beginning SM-Z

Back to School Night & Student Schedules

Starting June 19, 2019 - Ending September 3, 2019

Read for more information

Student Schedules will be made available online only via Home Access Center (HAC) on the evening of Thursday, August 16.
Futher information will be communicated thru Find Out First (FOF) in August.
Be sure you're registered for Find Out First to receive reminders and futher information on Back to School Night.
BTSN - August 29
5:30 - 7:30 PM 

Important Links for OHS Parents & Students

Starting June 30, 2019 - Ending September 2, 2019

Helpful Websites




Find Out First

Sign up to receive email correspondence about OHS news, newsletters, scholarship information, emergency notices, school closings, and more.  Be sure to select Oakdale High School as your school of choice.


Grades Online

View your child’s grades and sign-up for automatic email notifications.


Naviance/Family Connection

A college and career readiness software provider that partners with high schools and other K–12 institutions to provide students with college planning and career assessment tools.


For Families and Students


Calendar Handbook


Course Guide & Planning Guide


Oakdale High School Website

News, Events, Forms and More


Oakdale High School Library Media Page

Visit this site for summer reading lists, programs & activities. Also, get FREE access to hundreds of eBooks and eAudiobooks via Axis360. Use the Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) database in the “24/7 Media Resources” to get a leg up on PSAT, SAT, ACT, ASVAB & more this summer.


Bus Stop Information & transportation Website


School Cash Online

Paying for school items just got easier! Sign up to get started today.


Frederick County Public Schools Website


OHS School Newspaper


FCPS Athletics

Athletic Packet and online registration link, physical form, forms and information


Class of 2020 Website


2019-2020 New Student Registration (Next Yr)

Starting January 13, 2019 - Ending September 29, 2019

Enrollment Packet Information

Welcome to Ijamsville, Maryland – Home of the Oakdale Bears!


In order to schedule an enrollment appointment, we must acquire and review all of the following REQUIRED (mandated by MD State Department of Education) documents. Please submit a copy of the following at your earliest convenience. After the documents have been reviewed, we will contact you to schedule an enrollment appointment. (NOTE: Most Summer Enrollment Appointments will be scheduled at the end of August)



o FCPS Enrollment Form:

o Proof of Date of Birth (supply one) Passport/Visa, Birth certificate (preferably Passport)

o Proof of Residency (supply one, which includes parent/guardian’s name, date and address)

      **The child must reside with the parent/legal guardian at the address provided**

1. Current Utility Bill (Water, Gas, or Electric bill ONLY), Current property tax bill, or current rental/lease agreement.      



2 . If parent and child live with someone else – owner/lessee of home needs to provide a FCPS Parent Residency Affidavit (Multi-Family Disclosure) verifying that the child resides at that address, plus a copy of the owner/lessee proof of residence (examples see #1).



3. PURCHASING A NEW HOME (living in district while waiting for home to be built)
  • Submit Sales Contract/Settlement document
  • If submitting Sales Contract – document must provide settlement date
  • Submit 1st utility bill to OHS Counseling Office once acquired
4. PURCHASING A NEW HOME (living out of district/area while waiting for home to be built)
  • Call Student Services at 240-236-2493 
  • Once approved, please submit your enrollment packet to the OHS Counseling Office
  • Submit 1st utility bill to OHS Counseling Office once acquired

o Immunization and Health Records 

      Provide: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene form 896 Immunization Certificate and documentation of a

       recent physical exam, recorded on the Maryland Schools Record of Physical Examination).

  • All students are required to have a physical on file in the health room. The health room will accept a physical dated 9 months prior to enrollment or submit one within the first 6 months after enrollment.
  • When enrolling, if the student is missing a shot, the parent must provide the school with a note from the doctor’s office stating the date and time of the appointment in order to start school. Otherwise the student cannot attend school until he/she acquires missing shot.

oIEP/504  (if applicable) – If your child requires special services/accommodations, please submit a copy of IEP or 504 Plan.

oCustody Papers/Legal Documents (if applicable) 

The child’s school records need to include a copy of the legal custody document in full. Selected individual parts of a legal document cannot be accepted. The adult enrolling the child must be his/her legal guardian. If the adult is applying to become the child’s legal guardian, the adult must provide proof that the application has been filed at the county court house.  (The school needs to be provided with: copy of application and court clerk’s receipt)

oReport Card – A copy of the last issued report card. If student received HS credit in 7th or 8th grade, please submit proof of credit.

oTranscript - Please submit a current unofficial high school transcript. (Incoming 9th graders may provide a copy of the 8th grade report cards or middle school transcript)

oTest Scores  - A copy of any state/local test scores.(Not Required for enrollment appointment, but will need to acquire from previous school.)

oSupplemental enrollment information for athletic eligibility form

oCopy of Parent/Guardian Driver's License 
Note: FCPS may obtain discipline and expulsion records when a student transfers from another school system. The superintendent may deny admission to a student who is currently expelled from another school system for a period of time equal to the expulsion. A parent/legal guardian is the only person who may enroll a student. Anyone else trying to enroll a student must provide proof of legal guardianship from the court system.
Please feel free to email me, if you have any additional questions.
Kelli Connolly, Registrar
Oakdale High School
5850 Eaglehead Drive
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(P) 240-566-9431
(F) 240-566-9440


Starting March 4, 2019 - Ending August 30, 2019

During Summer and During School Year

RE: Moving out of Oakdale High School Attendance Area

If an Oakdale Student is planning to move out of area over the summer, please contact the OHS Counseling Office as soon as possible.  Please be advised that our Counseling Office is not open every day during the summer.  It is to your advantage to make contact with us now so that we can provide you with any necessary items that you might need to help with the registration process at your child’s new school.  Please contact us at 240-566-9431 or email


RE: Moving within the Oakdale School Attendance Area

When a student’s residence changes, it is a MD State Department of Education requirement that schools obtain a NEW proof of residency (POR) from the parent/guardian. After receiving proof of your new residency, we are then instructed to place it in your child’s cumulative record for state auditing purposes.


ACCEPTABLE forms of POR: (Must have parent/guardian’s name, address on item, and bill date within last 2 months)

    1. Utility bill (Water, Gas, or Electric ONLY)
    2. Tax bill
    3. Lease
    4. If parent and child live with someone else – owner/lessee of home needs to provide a FCPS Parent Residency Affidavit (Multi-Family Disclosure) verifying that the child resides at that address, plus a copy of the owner/lessee proof of residence (a,b or c).


Moving within district – purchasing a new home

>Submit Sales Contract/Settlement document

>If submitting contract – provide settlement date

>Submit 1st utility bill to OHS Counseling Office


Currently out of district – purchasing a new home within OHS district

>Submit Out of District Application thru the Student Services Office

  • Submit copy of Sales Contract along with application
  • Provide settlement date

>When approved, begin enrollment process

>Submit 1st utility bill to OHS Counseling Office



Thank you in advance for your cooperation in making this a smooth transition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 240-566-9431 or email