Applying for Accommodations through College Board (SAT, AP exams)

Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) and Accommodations for the SAT, ACT, and AP Exams
          In order to receive accommodations for the SAT, ACT, or AP exams, you will need to submit the “Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) Eligibility Form” to the College Board Headquarters in New York. SSD forms can be received by contacting your child’s case manager. The form contains two sections: one that the parent completes and one that the school completes. The request for accommodations on the SSD form must be sent in and approved by the College Board at least 3 months before taking the test. The form only needs to be submitted once during a student’s high school career, unless they change high schools. Once the form is processed, students will receive a letter from the College Board or ACT approving the students’ specific accommodations, (within 1-2 weeks).
          If you are interested in applying for extended time on the SAT, ACT, or AP exams, please contact Stephanie Bindel immediately. Some deadlines occur by mid-September! 
S. Bindel: – 240-566-9511
Please note that the special education department recommends taking the PSAT without accommodations. This preliminary test serves as a baseline for our students. If you do not feel your child will do well without extended time, then the paperwork must be submitted by the end of August for the year in which your child is taking the PSAT. In order to get the paperwork in by the deadline, please contact your child’s case manager immediately.