"It is not a coincidence that outstanding people putting in outstanding effort yield outstanding results," said College Board President Gaston Caperton.
Superintendent Dr. Terry Alban agrees and adds, "I am so proud of our students and their excellent teachers. It is imperative that we keep quality teachers in our classrooms to help students achieve the kind of excellence that these AP results exemplify. With the support of our community's families and school partnerships, topnotch teachers make all the difference."
Congratulations to all staff earning First-Class Employee awards since our last newsletter: Amber Benson, Douglas Biggus, Stephanie Bittner, Charles Bowers, Wendy Campbell, Karen Cole, Colleen Daiger, Karen Driggers-Graber, Billie Easton, Richard Gardner, Frances “Becky” Lear, Tanda Packer, Betty Pasternak, Cheryl Quirk, Sarah Santacroce, Jean Smart, Jessye Smith, Kristen Spear and Karlene Wong.
- Business Support
- Custodial/ Maintenance/ Warehouse (nonschool-based)
- Custodial (school-based)
- Food Services
- Instructional and Mainstream Assistant/ Community Liaison
- Secretarial (nonschool-based)
- Secretarial (school-based)
- Address student, teacher and school community needs and system goals.
- Effectively implement the Common Core Standards.
- Optimize operating efficiency.
LIBERAL LEAVE Personnel designated essential by the principal or department supervisor are exempt from the liberal leave policy. When liberal leave is declared, the following guidelines apply for nonessential employees:
- You must inform your supervisor if you will be absent or late
- You may use either personal or annual leave. If personal and annual leave are exhausted, you may request to have leave charged against future earned leave (pay statement will show a negative balance).
- Support employees may, with supervisor's approval, make up time in lieu of using leave.
- FASSE, FCTA and FCASA agreements outline some aspects of employee leave procedures in more detail. Supervisors and employees are encouraged to reference current agreements.