Family Involvement Policy
Goal 1: Communication between home and school is regular, two-way and meaningful
- Hillcrest Elementary staff will communicate school and system news using flyers, newsletters, email, and the school website, translated when applicable. This includes the Family Involvement Plan which will be distributed each fall and throughout the year to new students.
- Parents will provide input to the staff on how to work with parents as equal partners in their child’s educational process. Input from parents will be used to educate all staff members.
Goal 2: Parenting skills are promoted and supported
- Hillcrest will provide quarterly parenting information nights based on surveys and school goals.
- Hillcrest will provide opportunities for parents to understand state academic content and student academic achievement through the use of report cards distributed four times per year and at parent conferences at least twice per year.
Goal 3: Parents play an integral role in assisting student learning
- Hillcrest will host “Family Nights” that provide training to families in academic areas, such as: literacy, numeracy, fitness, and scientific inquiry.
- Hillcrest will share school-parent compacts supporting instruction with parents in the first quarter. These compacts are jointly developed by school personnel and parents at Family Involvement Committee meetings.
Goal 4: Parents are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought
- Hillcrest will host a school orientation session at the beginning of school, translated as needed. Parents will be informed of the school’s role in implementing Title 1 requirements, their rights as Title I parents and ways the school will provide parent involvement.
- Hillcrest will provide reasonable assistance and/or accommodations, by request, to families for Family Involvement activities. Accommodation may include, but limited to, interpreters, transportation, and childcare.
- Parents will receive information on the Hillcrest school-wide plan. Parents will be offered the opportunity to comment on the school’s plan.
Goal 5: Parents are full partners in the decisions that affect children and families
- Hillcrest includes parents in the development of the family involvement policy and in the decisions regarding the spending of the family involvement funds at its annual spring meeting. Input on spending of family involvement funds will be gathered throughout the year.
- Parents are invited to serve on the School Improvement Team (SIT).
Goal 6: Community resources are used to strengthen schools, families, and student learning
- Invite community service organizations and healthcare providers to participate in family involvement nights. Some of which may included, but are not limited to: Frederick City Police, Frederick County Health Department, YMCA, Community Action Agency, Frederick Alliance for Youth, Frederick Community Learning Center, and Department of Social Services.
- Invite and encourage families to utilize our School Based Health Center.
- View our 2020-2021 School Improvement Plan
Título I: Plan de Participación de los Familias
Declaración de misión: