Professional Library and Instructional Materials Center: For Teachers and Parents
Several Health Units require materials maintained at the Professional Library & Instructional Materials Center (PLIMC). To reserve materials for your school please contact the PLIMC by calling (240) 236-8825. Online reservations can also be made from the PLIMC's online catalog. To accommodate requests of all the schools the circulation period for curriculum-specific materials is 10 school days. Parents wanting to preview materials must make arrangements to visit the PLIMC at its Walkersville location, 44 W. Frederick St (room 7 of the Staff Development Center). For the most part curriculum-specific materials are not available for home use.
Below are resources associated with various health-related curriculum.
Personal Safety (Pre-K-3rd Grade)
- PreK-K Personal Safety
- 1st Grade Personal Safety
- 2nd Grade Personal Safety
- 3rd Grade Personal Safety
Individual schools will have previews prior to the week they are teaching the units to students. Parents have the option to preview these materials at their child's school (Please make arrangements with your guidance counselor) or the Professional Library, however, the above Personal Safety materials are not available for home circulation and can only be previewed on-site.
4th Grade Family Life Unit
- Body Hygiene: Healthy Habits for Life, Grades 3-6 (Sunburst)--DVD 613 BOD (10 copies)
5th Grade Family Life Unit
Special Education (5th Grade- )
- A Boy's Guide to Growing up (Marshmedia)--KIT 612.6 BOY
- A Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Marshmedia)--KIT 612.6 GIR
- A Boys Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety (Marshmedia)--KIT 612.6 BOY
- A Girl's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety (Marshmedia)--KIT 612.6 GIR
- Great body shop : come in and learn about your body! (5th Grade)--KIT 372.37 GRE
- Great body shop : come in and learn about your body! (4th Grade)--KIT 372.37 GRE
Other Health-Related Resources
- Lunchlady's Guide to the Food Pyramid
- All Out Comb Out
- Lice Busters