Glade has instituted a school wide behavior system, called PBIS. PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports) is a process for creating safer and more effective schools. PBIS is a systems approach to enhance the capacity of schools to educate all children by developing research-based, school wide, and classroom discipline systems. The process focuses on improving a school’s ability to teach and support positive behavior for all students. Rather than a prescribed program, PBIS provides systems for schools to design, implement, and evaluate effective school-wide, classroom, non-classroom, and student specific discipline plans.At our school everyone is working hard to display SPOT ON Behaviors. Our behaviors are SPOT ON when we:
• Show Respect ourselves, others and property.
• Prepare to attend school every day with a POSITIVE attitude.
• Own our actions and our words.
• Take Responsibility for our learning and our character.
When we forget to be SPOT ON we will:
• Get a visual cue.
• Get a verbal cue.
• Have a conference with the teacher.
• Take a time out.
• Have a loss of incentive/and or phone call home.
• See an administrator/office referral.
Our goal is to handle behaviors in a positive manner within the school building. However reoccurring behaviors may lead to a MINOR. This is a short form completed by the staff member on duty when the offense occurs and a copy is sent home and given to the office. The purpose of the MINOR is to let the parent and the office know of the behavior prior to the behavior escalating to an office visit by written referral.