FHS PTSA Welcome Letter
Dear FHS Parents, Students and Staff,
As we start off the 2017-2018 school year feeling invigorated by being in our new, state-of-the art Frederick High School building, we encourage all parents to get in touch, stay informed, and join the PTA so that teachers and students are well supported by this community.
Our organization is a vital part of Frederick High’s outreach to the community and a wonderful way to work collaboratively to help our students succeed. We are the voice for our students and staff, advocating for our school’s academic programs, and speaking as one to FCPS facilities staff, Board of Education members, the County Executive and Council, and our state delegation to advocate for FHS.
Here are some examples of what we do for FHS:
• Assist FHS teachers when they need help with a specific activity
• Showcase our students’ talents by participating in the PTA Reflections art program
• Support students in need at Frederick High through our Care-4-Kids program to collect personal care items and local gift cards in December
• Host staff appreciation events
• Help fund scholarships for outstanding graduating seniors through Dollars For Scholars
Members are invited to attend our monthly PTSA meetings at 6 pm in our beautiful new building:
Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18, Jan. 16, Feb. 20, Mar. 19, Apr. 16, May 21, June 4
Meetings offer a great way to get first-hand updates from the principal and staff. It also enables members to meet other FHS parents and share common experiences. Members can also contact us ahead of time to have items of interest added to the PTSA meeting agenda. Share your ideas, proposals or concerns through the PTSA.
1) We encourage members to volunteer their time and effort to our many activities. Too busy to come to meetings? Check us out on Facebook for updates to stay informed. Find us on Facebook: Frederick High PTSA. Even volunteering for one event is really helpful.
2) Too busy to volunteer? Consider making a donation beyond the $10 membership. The PTA has a long list of things we do to support the FHS staff and students. Donations are very much appreciated!
If you are interested in any of the volunteer needs on the FHS PTSA membership form, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To become a member, simply fill out your membership form (follow the link below) and return it by mail, or drop it off along with your $10 dues, to FHS at 650 Carroll Parkway, Frederick MD 21701. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Gettier, President, or Ashley Slade, Membership Chair, at email@example.com. Best wishes for a rewarding school year!
On behalf of the Frederick High-PTSA Board,
Melanie Gettier, FHS-PTSA, President
Sue Murr, Vice President; Ruth Snyder, Secretary; Cecilia Morgan; Treasurer
MEMBERSHIP CARDS AVAILABLE ONLY UPON REQUEST. CONTACT MEMBERSHIP CHAIR, ASHLEY SLADE, TO PICK ONE UP AT FHS FRONT OFFICE: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. Click here to download your membership form. You can bring it and your payment to our next meeting or mail to FHS!
Membership From - Spanish Version
FHS PTSA Committees
The link to Frederick County PTSA is http://www.frederickpta.org. The Frederick County PTSA has meetings on 9/25, 10/23 at Monocacy Middle, and the Super Intendent Chat is 11/6 at Lewisitown Elementary.
Frederick County Public School Board of Education Meeting Dates