FHS PTSA Welcome Page
Dear FHS Parents, Students and Staff,
The Frederick PTSA is excited for the 2018-19 school year. We welcome freshman and all new families to FHS! We welcome back our sophomores, juniors, seniors and their families and all staff! The PTSA encourages all parents to get in touch, stay informed, and join the PTSA so that teachers and students are well supported by this community. Your input is valued; attend the monthly meetings (listed below) - even if you can only make a few, please come and share your thoughts.
Our organization is a vital part of Frederick High’s outreach to the community and a wonderful way to work collaboratively to help our students succeed. We are the voice for our students and staff, advocating for our school’s academic programs, and speaking as one to FCPS facilities staff, Board of Education members, the County Executive and Council, and our state delegation to advocate for FHS.
Here are some examples of what we do for FHS:
- Assist FHS teachers and administration when they need help with a specific activity - such as the Academic Awards Ceremony or promoting an event like International Night
- Showcase our students’ creative talents by participating in the PTA Reflections art program
- Support students in need at Frederick High through our Care-4-Kids program to collect personal care items and local gift cards in December
- Host staff appreciation events
- Help fund scholarships for outstanding graduating seniors through Dollars For Scholars
Members are invited to attend our monthly PTSA meetings on Mondays at 6pm in our beautiful new building (yes, it’s only a year old) in the Heritage Room:
9/17/2018, 10/15/2018, 11/19/2018, 12/17/2018
1/14/2019 (No school on 1/21/2019),
2/11/2019 (No school on 2/18/2019),
3/18/2019, 4/15/2019, 5/20/2019, 6/10/2019
Meetings offer a great way to get first-hand updates from the principal and staff. It also enables members to meet other FHS parents and share common experiences. Members can also contact us ahead of time to have items of interest added to the PTSA meeting agenda. Share your ideas, proposals or concerns through the PTSA.
1) We encourage members to volunteer their time and effort to our many activities. Too busy to come to meetings? Check us out on Facebook for updates to stay informed. Find us on Facebook: Frederick High PTSA. Even volunteering for one event is really helpful.
2) Too busy to volunteer? Consider making a donation beyond the $10 membership. The PTA has a long list of things we do to support the FHS staff and students. Donations are very much appreciated!
If you are interested in any of the volunteer needs on the FHS PTSA membership form, contact us: email@example.com.
To become a member, simply fill out a membership form (follow the link below) and return it by mail, or drop it off along with your $10 dues, to FHS at 650 Carroll Parkway, Frederick MD 21701. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Gettier, President, or Patty Kettlestrings, Membership Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes for a school year!
On behalf of the Frederick High-PTSA Board,
Melanie Gettier, FHS-PTSA, President
Sue Murr, Vice President; Ruth Snyder, Secretary; Cecilia Morgan; Treasurer
MEMBERSHIP CARDS AVAILABLE ONLY UPON REQUEST. CONTACT MEMBERSHIP CHAIR, PATTY KETTLESTRINGS, TO PICK ONE UP AT FHS FRONT OFFICE: email@example.com
PS. Click here to download your membership form. You can bring it and your payment to our next meeting or mail to FHS!
Membership From - Spanish Version
FHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2018-19
Patty Kettlestrings, Membership Chair; Ashley Slade, Care 4 Kids Committee Chair; Rebecca Layman, Staff Appreciation Chair
The link to Frederick County PTSA is http://www.frederickpta.org.
Frederick County Public School Board of Education Meeting Dates