FHS PTSA Welcome Page
Dear FHS Parents, Students and Staff, The FHS-PTSA welcomes all Frederick High parents, students and staff to the 2021-2022 school year!
The PTSA encourages all parents to get in touch, stay informed, and join the PTSA so that teachers and students at Frederick High are well supported by this community. Your input is valued; attend the monthly meetings (dates listed on the right column of this page) even if you can only make a few, please come and share your thoughts. You do not have to be a member to attend a meeting but your membership helps support the school! Membership is $10 per person (cash or checks only). We will have meetings on the third Wednesday of each month, 6pm - 7pm. Look for notices and reminders via Find Out First and Facebook (Frederick High PTSA) and Instagram (frederickhighptsa).
Feel free to email us with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
The FHS-PTSA is a vital part of Frederick High’s outreach to the community and we work collaboratively to help our students succeed. We are the voice for our students and staff, advocating for our school’s academic programs, and speaking as one to FCPS staff, Board of Education members, the County Executive and Council, and our state delegation to advocate for FHS.
Each year the PTSA…
- Collects donations for our students in need through “Care 4 Kids”: toiletries, cash cards, and other donations are collected to help our disadvantaged students (late fall)
- Funds scholarships for graduating FHS seniors through “Dollars For Scholars”, a direct donation program (spring)
- Supports the student academic award ceremony (fall)
- Hosts staff appreciation meals through generous donations of food, money, and time (fall, winter, spring).
- Facilitates Reflections, a PTA-sponsored national student arts recognition program
- Collaborates with staff and other school organizations such as Boosters, Safe & Sane, and the Alumni Association to promote the support of our students
Members are invited to attend our monthly PTSA meetings on Wednesdays at 6pm
Meetings offer first-hand updates and information from the principal and staff. FHS parents can collaborate and share common experiences. Members can also contact us ahead of time to have items of interest added to the PTSA meeting agenda. Share your ideas, proposals or concerns through the PTSA.
To become a member, fill out a membership form (follow the link below) and return it by mail, or drop it off along with your $10 dues, to FHS at 650 Carroll Parkway, Frederick MD 21701. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
On behalf of the Frederick High-PTSA Board,
- Best wishes for a successful school year!
MEMBERSHIP CARDS AVAILABLE ONLY UPON REQUEST. CONTACT US TO PICK ONE UP AT FHS FRONT OFFICE: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. Click here to download your membership form. You can bring it and your payment to a drop-off location at the school or mail it to FHS!
Membership Form - Spanish Version
FHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2021-2022
Keri-Ann Henson, President; Melanie Gettier, VP; Elizabeth Dobson, Treasurer; Christine Merry and Louise Headland, Secretaries;
Committees: Ashley Slade, Care 4 Kids and Dollars for Scholars Committee Chair; Patty Kettlestrings, Staff Appreciation Chair; Melanie Gettier, membership; Sarah Leembruggen, Reflections Chair
To contact any representative above, email email@example.com.
The link to Frederick County PTSA is http://www.frederickpta.org.