The FCPS Earth and Space Science Lab (ESSL) offers excellent summer activities for children! This is the 9th year FCPS will provide a variety of ESSL camps. They are for students entering grades 2-8 in the 2019-2020 school year. We trust you will find activities a child in this age group will enjoy.
ESSL camp sessions have limited enrollment due to the size of our facility and the grade levels we can accommodate.
We are required to fund the program through camp fees. There is a possibility that a camp might be canceled due to lack of enrollment; if this happens, a refund or a chance to enroll in another camp would be arranged.
In order to help camps run smoothly and ensure the best experience possible for your child, please read the following:
1) It’s important that your child wants to come to camp. This helps everyone have a great time!
2) Before you submit payment, be sure your family’s summer schedule allows for your child to attend. Do NOT register your child to simply ‘hold a spot.’
There are no refunds unless we can fill the spot with another student. Refunds require an enormous amount of staff time and are expensive to the program.
3) All registrations are online. Please complete the registration once you begin. Address any questions about payment with GoFan at 676-679-7676.
4) The age requirements are for ‘students going into the listed grade level.’ Please adhere to the requirements.
5) All camps are limited to 20 students and taught by CERTIFIED FCPS teachers.
6) Each camp costs $125. Camps run Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM-12 PM. Drop off begins at 8:15 AM with prompt pickup at 12 PM.
SUMMER CAMP OFFERINGS AND DESCRIPTIONS
July 15-18 Art of Science (entering grades 3-5)
July 15-18 Summer Scientist (entering grades 2-3)
July 22-25 Shark Week at the ESSL (entering grades 3-5) CLOSED
July 22-25 Summer Scientist (entering grades 2-3)
July 29-August 1 Lego Mindstorms Robotics (entering grades 3-6)CLOSED
July 29-August 1 Makerspace Madness (entering grades 3-5)
August 5-8 Summer Scientist (entering grades 2-3)CLOSED
August 5-8 Lego Mindstorms Robotics (entering grades 3-6) CLOSED
August 12-15 Summer Star Institute (entering grades 6-8)CLOSED