Please read this first before purchasing tickets!
The ESSL is a part of the Frederick County Public School system. Our primary purpose is to work with school groups. With a small dedicated staff, we are able to offer limited evening, summer and public events.
- All shows will take place in the Ausherman Planetarium and typically include a "Star Hike". Viewing animals and exhibits are included with your ticket purchase.
- The Natelli Observatory, with its 14" Meade telescope, will be open during most planetarium shows, weather permitting, to view choice celestial objects.
- Ticket revenues support the ESSL exhibits, materials, new planetarium programs, live animals, and activities. Your support keeps our programs operating.
- Tickets are non-refundable. In the event of inclement weather, we will follow FCPS protocol. If schools are cancelled, or after school/evening events are cancelled, there will not be a program on that date. Any make-up date for the canceled program will be relayed via email, website, and social media.
- Location: On the campus of Lincoln Elementary 210 Madison Street, Frederick, MD 21701
- Evening Showtimes: Tuesday and/or Thursday on selected days during the school year – 6:00pm and 7:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm) Exhibits close at 7:30PM.
- Admission: Open to the general public - ONLY 80 tickets are available for each show. Get your tickets online and early. $6.00 each. Ticket price includes ESSL exhibits and animals.
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold online only at this time. The ESSL uses an outside vendor for ticket sales, please direct any purchase questions to TICKET SPICKET [ firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-96-TICKET ]
- Patrons should check in at the ESSL upon arrival. You do not need to print out or pick up tickets.
- NO CASH SALES AT THIS TIME.
ALL SALES FINAL
Deaf or Hard of Hearing Patrons: Please call the ESSL at 240-236-2694 at least 10 business days prior to the event you would like to attend, to ensure interpreting services will be available.
Click HERE to View the Schedule and Purchase Tickets!