Please read this first before purchasing tickets!
The ESSL is a part of the Frederick County Public School system. Our primary purpose is to work with school groups. With a staff of two and some dedicated volunteers, we are able to offer limited evening and public events.
- All evening shows will take place in the Ausherman Planetarium and will be followed by a star and planet talk under the dome. Exhibits, activities, and some of our animals will be available as well.
- The Natelli Observatory, with its 14" Meade telescope, will be open during every planetarium show, weather permitting, to view choice celestial objects.
- Ticket revenues support the ESSL exhibits, materials, new planetarium programs, live animals, and activities. Your support keeps our programs operating.
- Please join us for several evenings of fine educational entertainment!
- Tickets are non-refundable. In the event of inclement weather, we will follow FCPS protocol. If schools are cancelled, or after school/evening events are cancelled, there will not be a program on that date. A make-up date for the canceled program will be relayed via email, website, and social media.
- Location: On the campus of Lincoln Elementary 210 Madison Street, Frederick, MD 21701
- Evening Showtimes: Tuesday and/or Thursday on selected days during the school year – 6:00pm and 7:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm) Exhibits close at 7:30PM.
- Afternoon matinees: Selected Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer. 1:00 and 2:00 (Doors open at 12:30)
- Admission: Open to the general public - ONLY 90 tickets for each show. Get your tickets online and early. $6.00 each
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold online. Tickets may be picked up at the front desk on the night of the show. If there are additional seats available (after the on-line sales), walk in purchases can be made on the night of the shows. *There is no guarantee that walk in seats will be available and we strongly encourage you to purchase tickets online and well in advance.
All Sales Final
Important Stuff: Please leave food, drinks, gum, Starbuck Lattes, Red Bulls, Goldfish, Cherrios, and all Big Gulps in your car.
Deaf or Hard of Hearing Patrons: Please call the ESSL at 240-236-2694 at least 10 business days prior to the event you would like to attend, to ensure interpreting services will be available.
Click HERE regarding very young children
Click HERE to View the Schedule and Purchase Tickets!