The Frederick County Career and Technology Center was opened in 1976. Located adjacent to the Frederick Community College campus, the Frederick County Career and Technology Center's mission is to prepare students to enter the work force after graduation having received the knowledge necessary in their chosen field to obtain employment. Over the years business and industry has changed and so has the vocational and technical training studies. We are always modifying our curriculum to keep abreast of new, current and changing technology. The Career and Technology Center offers a diversity of studies that includes transportation, communications, construction
The Frederick County Career and Technology Center is a member of the National Technical Honor Society, an organization whose goals are to:
- provide the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education,
- supply excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools,
- create new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry,
- be a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change,
- maintain financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs, and
- sustain growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
- We are also a member of SkillsUSA , a national organization serving more than 264,500 high school, college students and professional members enrolled in training programs in technical, skilled, and service occupations, including health occupations.
SkillsUSA provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. It builds and reinforces self-confidence, work attitudes and communications skills. It emphasizes total quality at work, high ethical standards, superior work skills, life-long education and pride in the dignity of work. SkillsUSA also promotes understanding of the free enterprise system and involvement in community service activities.