DRESS, APPEARANCE, BEHAVIOR AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT CATOCTIN HIGH SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADAPT THE DRESS CODE, AS NECESSARY, IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A SAFE AND ORDERLY ENVIRONMENT.
- Students have the responsibility to dress and groom themselves in a manner that is safe, healthy and non-disruptive to classroom and school. Bare feet will not be allowed. Students have the responsibility not to wear or display buttons, armbands, flags, decals, and other badges of symbolic expression that disrupt the orderliness of the school or are legally libelous or obscene. Clothing with offensive, derogatory, and/or lewd messages either in words or pictures is unacceptable. Students may not wear clothing that advertises drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
- Headgear may not be worn at anytime, anywhere in the building, between 7:00 a.m. and 2:20 p.m. dismissal. This includes all classrooms, lunchroom and hallways during the school day. The only exception is the use of a hard hat for safety reasons. If the problem persists, confiscation and additional disciplinary actions will be taken.
- The dress code prohibits skimpy attire, which exposes bare backs or midriffs. This includes but is not limited to halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts with large armholes, and short shorts. Underwear (eg. bra straps, boxers, etc.) should not be visible and may not be worn as outerwear.
- Excessive public display of affection is unacceptable behavior.
- Riding/use of skateboards and roller blades on school property is prohibited at all times.
- Students should note that personal property such as a band instrument, electronic devices, and/or wallets are not insured items subject to repair or replacement by FCPS.