The Department of Modern and Classical Languages is committed to providing students with linguistic and cultural skills to communicate and succeed in our diverse domestic and global societies. Our goal is to enable students to maintain and develop proficiency in English as they demonstrate abilities to communicate in languages other than English.
We will guide students to this goal with an emphasis on the five National Standards for Foreign Language Learning:
· Communicate in Languages Other Than English
· Gain Knowledge and understanding of Other Cultures
· Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
· Develop Insight Into the Nature of Language and Culture
· Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home and Around the World