I hope this communication finds you and your family well. We continue to live through unprecedented times that impact ourselves and our families. Our Ballenger community has many resources available for you, please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. We will continue to be a source of support for you in the coming days and weeks ahead!
Frederick County BOE has determined the 2020-2021 school year will begin virtually due to COVID-19. Many of our teachers are already hard at work creating exceptional virtual learning platforms for our Bobcat students. Also, rest assured learning in the fall at Ballenger will offer a lot of enhancements as a result of feedback gathered from students, parents and educators.
These enhancements include:
- Increased live digital interactions/expectations between students and educators
- A single digital platform for students and parents to access instruction, communication and feedback
- Virtual courses that are more rigorous and challenging
- Robust professional learning opportunities for educators to increase their skill set for teaching in a virtual environment which include on-demand professional learning videos and courses for educators
- New parent resources
- Student training videos that will enhance their abilities to access learning in a virtual environment
- Strategies to provide a significant focus on tending to individual student needs
-Continued efforts to connect each and every child digitally
Ballenger Creek Elementary is strongly positioned to teach students in a virtual environment and we are excited to start the 2020-2021 school year!
While I know continuing a mostly virtual learning environment will present many challenges to our families, I also know we will remain student-centered and solution-minded to support you every step of the way! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions regarding your child’s education this school year. You may call 240-236-2500 for a conference or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We WILL get through these challenging times together. We WILL work with our Bobcat families every step of the way to ensure we are able to continue to provide an inclusive school environment that is built on love in the 2020-2021 school year. #ALLOFUS
Yours in Education,