- Second graders are allowed to keep a water bottle on their desk, as well as bring a healthy snack from home.
- Some of our classrooms are a little cool, so your child may want to keep a sweater or sweatshirt in their locker.
- In order to have ongoing communication between school and home, we ask that you check your child’s assignment book/agenda every night and sign or initial. There is a small space for us to write notes to each other.
- On nights that your child does not have assigned homework, we ask that they read for 10-15 minutes. We encourage some of the reading to be done aloud to an adult. This helps you to monitor their fluency.
Once on the weblink:
- For math websites, click on math on the left side. Recommended websites for second graders: AAA Math and Math Magician
- For language arts websites, click on language arts on the left side. Recommended websites for second graders: Book Adventure and Starfall.
An additional website that is a great resource for math and language arts practice is Sheppard Software: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/